Commercial trucks are the backbone of North American industry whether it be a last-mile delivery van, tradesman work truck or class 8 long haul tractor/trailer. Light, medium and heavy duty trucks all offer unique vehicle dynamics challenges. Cayman Dynamics has been fortunate to work with some of the world’s leading commercial truck manufacturers to ensure their ride comfort, steering performance and emergency handling safety performance meets both corporate and government requirements. Here are a couple examples of completed projects from the past 12 months:
- Complete ride, steering and handling development of a 1-ton pick-up
- Tire performance evaluations on class 1-8 commercial vehicles
- Emergency handling evaluations of class 4 pick-ups and delivery vans
- Cab and chassis damper tuning on a class 8 tractor/trailer
- Brake pedal feel development on a class 8 battery electric tractor/trailer
- FMVSS136 testing of class 8 diesel and battery electric tractor/trailers
In addition to our expertise in passenger vehicles, Cayman Dynamics offers our services and welcomes inquiries from commercial vehicle manufacturers looking to improve their existing products or develop all-new, segment leading vehicles.